Lupita Nyoung'o | Darling, We're Adventurers: Lupita Nyoung'o

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lupita Nyoung'o

Lupita
Hey guys!

Can we just stop to talk about Lupita Nyoung'o please? For those of you who don't know who Lupita is, she is an oscar winning actress.

She looked gorgeous at the Oscars and I truly love what she said at the end of her speech. I see posts about her going around Pinterest, and I think she is an icon or role model to a lot of the girls out there now. Here's what she said:

I think it's absolutely gorgeous, though when I heard her say that, I thought her word choice was a bit odd. I mean really? Valid? There's got to be a better word, right? But after a bit I fell in love with her quote even though I think that her choice of the word valid was a bit odd, but that's a good thing because so many people strive to be different and that small word makes her unique. No one that I can think of -- aside for her -- would use the word valid in that sentence, so I think it's beautiful that she did. Plus the message is just absolutely gorgeous in general.

After I got over the word valid, I was honestly truly touched because so many people that I know keep telling me that my dreams are pointless and ridiculous. My dreams is that one thing that I can't stand people insulting and when she said that it just truly made me happy because I felt like she was talking to me specifically as I'm sure several others felt. Anyways, I just wanted to share that. You go girl! ;)

~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment