Happy Birthday Shakespeare! | Darling, We're Adventurers: Happy Birthday Shakespeare!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Shakespeare!

Hey guys!

It's Shakespeare's birthday! Happy birthday! It's not that big of a deal, but still...

Today, at school we all dressed up as a character from his plays. I dressed up as Hippolyta from a Midsummer Night's Dream. Hippolyta - for those of you who don't know here - is the Amazonian queen, which I think is quite awesome. It was awesome! During our breaks (break/recess & lunch break) we had plays going on. 6th - 10th grade had to each perform something. They all did skits, except for my grade. We performed a song (I wasn't one of them thankfully, I have horrible stage fright).

Some of the performances were really awesome. However one of the performances was of Macbeth, and that one really upset me because Lady Macbeth dies before Macbeth in the play, but in the performance she died after Macbeth. My brother had a performance of modern Romeo & Juliet (he was Juliet :P) which was quite interesting to say the least.

~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment