Death | Darling, We're Adventurers: Death

Friday, April 4, 2014

Death

Hi,

Yeah, I know this is one of the most depressing topics I could possibly ever talk about. But, I'm just curious, how do you guys deal with death? I just found out one of my friends died. Well I found out a few days ago, but it's still tearing me apart. We weren't that close. We were internet friends, but then again most of my friends are online nowadays with all the moving that my family does. So it felt like she was just one of the people I moved away from but stayed close with. Her name was Alicia Gutscher, more commonly known as Whisperwings on DeviantArt. Here is her Cancer Blog.

She died in February and I feel awful for not checking in on her more often. School has just been so busy and I know that's an awful excuse and I can't forgive myself. I know, there's nothing I could have done, but I just feel like I don't know.. I just feel really bad for not talking to her recently. I mean she was a friend of mine. She was one of the reasons that I focused on my art and started taking it seriously. And now she's just... Gone. I mean it doesn't seem real. I feel like if I refresh my DeviantArt tab often enough I'll find a message in my box saying that she's replied. But I know it's not ever going to happen. It hurts so much. I feel like I shouldn't be crying over her though. I mean her family should be. Her close friends. I feel like I don't have the right to, but I still do. I can't help it.

She died of stage 4 liver cancer. The incurable type. I don't know what's happened to her. I don't believe in heaven or any of that, because I'm atheist (I hope this doesn't upset anyone) but I do believe in the possibility. And right now I'm just hoping that it is real and that she made it to heaven and is happy there. And if there is internet in heaven and she happens upon this post, I would like her to know that I miss her terribly and we all do and that we hope that you're happy.

~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment